Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pinterest Inspired Library Display

Recently, I was inspired by a library display I saw here on Pinterest.  My students are obsessed with mustaches this year, especially the sixth graders.  Our sixth grade reading teacher has a sign in her classroom that says, "I mustache you a question but I will shave it for later."  They LOVE the word play in it!  So I purchased a package of black cardstock and downloaded the mustache shape for my Silhouette digital cutter to create a display similar to the one I saw on Pinterest.  A bonus is that the kids can use the mustache as a bookmark.  Here are the results.


5 comments:

  1. Great idea!! Thanks. Mustache eraser pencil toppers was a big hit at my Book Fair. So this could be a good idea for a display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a Mustache Book display and it was a big hit ..... They LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Bibliocat! I'm so glad your students enjoyed it. Mine have enjoyed ours also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I will have to try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. What did you use to keep the moustaches on? Sticky tack?

    Mrs. Wiley
    @ Wiley Teaching

    ReplyDelete